Friday, August 3, 2012

MANY A COLD, DARK NIGHT SOMETHING GOES BUMP

We often let our minds ignore such sounds that go bump in the night, yet we wonder what's out there.  We fear what we don't know.  We have come into times when we are learning that not every howl is from a wolf , coyote or another canine species.  In the night, I place a recorder out in my yard facing an area in which I had a personal "bigfoot sighting" and shot and entire minute of video of nothing more than the top of it's head glaring at me through the swaying trees in the woods just behind my house.

The beat up SONY ICD-PX312 I use to capture audio sits on either a lawn mower or in a crack in the house near the back yard always facing the direction of an "offering alter" consisting of a concrete slab, a pile of dirt, several rocks and a home-made birch-bark basket.  In the basket, apples, blueberries, peanutbutter and/or experimental food offering are placed on nights I can afford to do so.  

This, is simply the beginning of my own documentation of encounters, and non-encounter audio, video and non-recorded memory of the bigfoot living on my reservation.

The following audio has been called simply a wolf.  It begins with a howl of what sounds like a wolf; however, the response this howl gets is that of a wolf that I've never heard before.  This wolf begins with what sounds like to be a howl, but suddenly ends with an extreme "glottal stop" in high pitch.  A glottal stop is a "throaty release of air" which is not hard to create; however, the change in pitch of the voice is hardly achievable by the average human.

I have heard this particular "whoooo-up" vocalization in the audio of other bigfoot researchers as well.  Can you make this strong "Glottal change in voice"  Could an opera singer or yodeler create such a sound?  I don't know.  I know that I can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment